Monday, April 11, 2011

Blue Glass Bottle #1

I attended a symposium, yesterday, called "Awakening the Dreamer, Changing the Dream" led by my two sisters, Laura and Lisa.  The symposium focuses on bringing forth an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling, socially just, human presence on the planet.  A very worthwhile 5 hours!

A couple websites for those who might be interested...

www.fouryearsgo.org  (play video)
www.storyofstuff.com
www.awakeningthedreamer.org

I've started a new stippled piece...it's of a blue glass bottle (which means i'll use watercolor near its completion) that sits on the windowsill in the kitchen.  I'm working from a photo, but i've used a grid system in drawing it freehand.  For those who aren't familiar with it, the grid allows you to, basically, work on one little square at a time.  The old masters used this technique and it works great!

I will post photos of its progress until it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment